View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkbeast
I've made 5 test batches and 2 of the 5 have turned out good. My first batch I followed the Dr Pepper method and it turned out good. then two more following the same method turned to sludge ....................

I drained off the glycerol and did one wash today. gonna do a couple more tommorow and let it dry. i think when i get another batch done i should have a little over 2 gallons and i'll try it in my reddy heater and see if it works. About the only way i've found to get methanol in my area is to buy a 55 gallon drum. I need to check on it again, but a month ago when i called about it, a drum cost $255. .
If you recover the residual methanol then use Magnesol for dry washing you will eliminate the problem you are having with soap (sludge) formation plus save $$ on methanol
Originally Posted by blkbeast
The oil collector at the restraunt is getting on my nerves. I've got a drum sitting out by the grease dumpster that the staff have been filling for me. Every other time I go to collect my oil from my drum, the collector has pumped it and the dumpster dry. I'm in the process of trying to find a couple more places that will let me collect so I won't have to worry about the one I have being a hit and miss prospect. just learning as i go.
Find out what the collectors schedule is and beat him to it, put a lock on the drum so he cant pump it, or get the restraunt to pour oil back into the cubes they get it in and call you for a pick up.