View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
FordPickMeUp
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just found this i think they just passed a new law about gvw on the parkway.now nothing more then 7500 lbs gvw can be on there.yikes!!!!who are the fools that make these laws?must be some guy that drives a BMV now i can get a ticket too!LOL i dont care im still going to drive on there but they said you can apply for a permit to drive on the merrit parkway in ct....... read this....

What is allowed to travel on the Merritt Parkway?

The following are prohibited from entry upon and use of the highway right-of-way of those limited access state highways designated as parkways:

(a) commercial motor vehicles;

(b) trailers;

(c) all towed vehicles except as provided in
Section 14-298-240;

(d) buses;

(e) hearses when part of a procession or cortege;

(f) vehicles bearing other than passenger, camper, taxicab, vanpool or hearse registrations and those vehicles bearing combination registrations which have a gross weight in excess of seventy-five hundred pounds;

(g) vehicles whose dimensions, including any load, exceed one of the following:

length – twenty-four feet
width - seven feet, six inches
height – eight feet

Permits for entry upon and use of the parkways by vehicles normally excluded therefrom may be issued by the commission when, in its opinion, the interests of public necessity are served thereby. Such permits shall be in writing and shall specify the period of validity of such permit, the parkway or portion thereof and the identity of the vehicle concerned. A copy of the permit shall be carried in the vehicle. Apply for a permit

heres the link where i got it........ConnDOT: What is allowed to travel on the Merritt Parkway?

All us pickup truck drives should go protest this!