View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
hatchet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 9000 gvw cant dive on parkway :(

I bought a used 96 f 350 the gvw is 9000 i was told at dmv today that the max gvw to drive the parking in connecticut is 8500 ugh.now im stuck with a truck that i cant drive on the parkway so i must sell it and i didnt know that when i bought it last week and dmv told me i wont get my title in the mail for 2 weeks so now i gotta wait to sell it.This is a real bummer i like the truck but if i knew that before i bought it i would of never bought this truck...oh well guess i will sell it cheap in 2 weeks but i dont understand this law for the parkway anyway.all the new f 250 and 350 super dutys are over 9000 gvw right?so i cant buy one of those to only thing i can but is a 98 and down f 250 so i can drive on the parkway i use the parkway everday and no i can.sure wish i was told this before i bought this truck i dont know what the big deal is anyway is just a normal pickup truck.what do you guys do about this?i see pickup trucks on the parkway all the time and im sure there not all under 8500 gvw but just my luck i will get a ticket..so i guess in the week the truck goes up for sale.the truck has combination plates but they still told me i cant drive on the meritt parkway cause im over the 8500 gvw ,i thought thats what combo plates were for to pay extra so i can drive on the parkway .grrrrrim so mad ugh