Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Hello Mike

Generally I find the new software upgrade an improvement from the previous version of VB.

I would guess the slowness of the site this past week was due to the system upgrades and not bugs in the new VB.

The "new" search function seems to work good for me, as of today anyway. It seems to be quick and "to the point".

There are still some issues with links in web mails. I have already sent a report to support. I have narrowed the problem down to "just" the links that go to posts in the Regional Chapters Forum.

It appears that links are correct when you first click from the web mail. The link that pops in the address bar is correct. Just that when the link hits the FTE site, its not recognized and you end up on the "main" FTE site page.
Now when you copy and paste the link to the address bar, it works fine.

If the link in the web mail is to any forum other than the Regional Chapter forum, it appears to work fine. By example the link in my web mail to the, Subject:"Site Announcements" update Date:Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:43:24 AM, worked properly this morning.

The links to a Regional Chapter forum did not. Somewhere, somehow, those links have not been indexed under the new software. I should add this is not an issue if the emails are opened in Outlook or Outlook express, just from like my Comcast web mail account.

So far the new VB is works great from my perspective.

Last edited by glruff; 04-20-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Spell check