View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 08:10 PM
mgorman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
head light-high beam relay?

Every light but the lows and highs worked.

I ended up getting the thing fixed. After I tested every thing I could find I ended up buying a new multifunction switch like what was posted elsewhere as the culprit. Since my dash high beam indicator was always on, I figured that yes, that could be the problem in the high-low switch. I put a new one in $80 later and they still didn't work.

Being totaly Peeved I started back at the head lights and pulled the plug off and when I did the light flashed. I put it back on and nothing. Repeated the process and the same. Upon further inspection of the socket I found it to be melted from either heat or a moisture induced short. The plug was warpped and the negative contact was not touching the prong on the lamp. I bent the prong forward and replaced the socket back on the light and both lights came back on. I also found out that the negative contact was far enough away that my multi tester propes couldn't reach it and that is why I wasn't getting a reading. I should have grounded to the frame or battery also when I tested it to make sure the neg. even worked.

I have never had a truck where one light goes out, they all do. The engineer must have worked for those Christmas light companies from years past.

Anyone without flash to pass want to upgrade, Got a slightly used multiswitch in search of a good home.

mgorman