View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 AM
02Taco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
One of my son's friends had a Titan, first year model I think, and had a LOT of problems with it--axles, transfer case, brakes, etc. I felt kind of bad because I recommended it to his family (after they had some terrible luck with an F150).

Consumer Reports rates the Titan as very problematic through all years of production and the 4WD Titan and Armada make the CR "worst of the worst" list... There are no Fords on this list, nor are there any of the Dodge trucks. Bunch of stuff like the GM midsize pickups, GM minivans, Land Rovers....

I suspect the full-size truck market is necessarily shrinking as people move to smaller cars, and although the Titan had a lot of promise, it was a piece of junk in practice.

One disappointment for me is that I'm in the Detroit area, and it would really help us out if the rebadged Dodge trucks could be built at the Dodge truck plant in Warren, MI (about 15 miles from here) instead of Mexico...

George
I am with you on this one, the TITANS had a lot of problems. But it was their first fullsize truck, so you cant expect it to be perfect. I think the problem is that they didnt fix all the bugs in time (or at all).

I really liked the 5.6 engine though, not the most HP or fastest, but it really picked up and seemed to have more power than it actually had.

oh well, another one bites the dust.