Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - What have you done to your truck today?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior User
icrman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did all my work from December to about 2 weeks ago. It was a slow when you got time sorta thing. I found a replacement for my 460 that was fried by the previous owner, due to a water pump failure. It was drove a long ways with no coolant. The replacement an advertized low mile unit, which it looked like it was, had a rod bearing ready to fail. So did a refresh overhaul to it. And toyed with the idea of doing the transmission since it was out. Decided not to, it works okay. Then I did the stuff listed in the signature, it took along time, to route stuff, and use flex conduit etc. I don't see how the outfits that sell those things can do the job so inexpensively. I guess they slam bam it, and cut corners.
1996 F-250, XLT 460 E4OD, Long box, Supercab 4X4, 4.10 Axle Ratio, Camper and tow package.
Self install of: Clifford alarm, B&W Flipover gooseneck hitch, Ride Rite airbags, and compressor system, Prodigy Brake controller.