View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 10:19 AM
TorqueKing
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevy engines in ford hot rods!

...and to build on Stab, I'll dare any one of you to build any Ford motor that tops the might Mark IV roller cam 502. If you're a true gearhead, you'd respect the awesome power potential the GM motors have. The difference between GM and Ford at this point in history is that GM actually encouages people to restore and build old cars by offering awesome performance parts at very reasonable prices. Ford wants you to buy a new F-150, they don't care about my '77, and I don't even think they consider those '32 roadsters part of their heritage anymore. Henry Ford himself never wanted the restoration business to happen, because it would cut into his new car profits. I beleive in car crafting. I've got an even better one for you: Mopar Performance has a 526 Hemi stroker in their catalogue: 680 ft*lbs of torque and 630 HP, and it breathes with it's own lungs through a single carburetor. Try finding anything that strong in a Ford Motorsport catalogue. I'll save you the trouble: it doesn't exist. Don't trash something that you don't even know about. That "calvin pissing on your favorite brand" sticker attitude is childish. Long live the mighty V8! TK