View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Bill55AZ
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
80 Lebaron coupe, and the chrysler alloy wheels from that era are all 15x7.
I want 16x7, and snagged a very nice set off craigslist last summer that are from a sport trac, and they are 16x7x12mm, a near perfect fit. I will have to take them to a friends machine shop and have the register opened up 1mm, as Ford center holes are that much smaller.
The set I have takes a center cap to hide the deep hole where lug nuts go, and that deep hole and center cap is essential to also cover up the protruding front hubs of that era. After market caps are available that do not have the blue oval, but that won't be an issue for those using these modern wheels for old ford cars.
Usually, a set of modern alloy factory wheels will go for around $300 or less as takeoffs, sometimes with tires for that price, depending on variables in the used tire/wheel market. After market wheels will be twice that, at least, and often as not are of lower quality construction.
Here is an ebay link showing the ones I have... but I think there may be others with the 12mm offset, perhaps even in the 17X7 size.
eBay Motors: Explorer Sport Trac 01-05 16" Rim 1 Factory Alloy Wheel (item 270224845314 end time Apr-07-08 19:43:20 PDT)