Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kennedyford
A guy on the other forum Im on blew apart his with propane.
That is possible but you really have to be injecting way to much propane to do it.

Originally Posted by thedaddycat
I have read some of the ad copy in Diesel Power mag and online that propane injection can get you large gains in economy, in the range of 26 MPG. I presently get in the 16-17 MPG range with my truck on straight #2.
You will NOT get that kind of milage increase unless you are using dangerous amounts of propane.
I have been running propane injection for 5 years. I use the Powershot 2000 vapor phase system, one of the safest systems available. My goal was to increase power when towing my fiver and it does that well, I usually dont turn it on when running empty because I dont need the extra power my chip set on performance gives me all I need then. I did run propane all the time when I first got the system and got about 2 mpg increase, the fuel savings was more than made up for by the cost of propane. The Powershot system with a storage tank will runn you better than $1000 so if your are going to try to save money with propane you wont.