Old 12-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Biersg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a 97 f150 4.2L V6,I need HELP,I Hear many negative comments,PLEASE HELP

Howdy,
I have had several ford trucks in my life. I seemed to have very little trouble with them. In fact there were a couple of them we couldnt kill if we tried. The latest one though I bought in 97 with the v-6. At 73000 the gasket went and seperated and coolant leaked into the cylinder while driving it and pow. (at the time I had lost some coolant but figured that it was due to normal wear and tear. It didnt lose but maybe a quart. I did go ahead at this time and use a flush kit on the coolant so as to keep it tidy.) That was all she wrote. I am now 3000$ lighter in the pocket (cause they sure as heck werent gonna warranty it.) and 6 months down the road and am now hearing the same noises and am scared to death. I cant afford another one. When the engine went the first time, I took it in and even ford came and looked at it and said they had never heard of it happening before. Now I read where it seems to have been an epidemic. Why would they tell me this. I have trusted them for so many years.

Anybody have any ideas what to do?

I am also hearing a tick, and am going to take the advice of having the oil changed again. It has only been 1500 miles. I will do anything not to go through this again.

Thanks,
George