Old 12-11-2002, 08:00 PM
sts2002
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a 97 f150 4.2L V6,I need HELP,I Hear many negative comments,PLEASE HELP

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Dec-02 AT 09:11 PM (EST)]I bought a used 1997 Ford F-150 4.2L V-6 with 64,000 miles, It has a new paint job, but I guess I did not do my reasearch good enough, I am hearing so many negative comments, can anyone tell me what i need to do, the truck seems to run great, but poeple are saying the motor just goes at low miles, sling rods, leaking coolant, bad transmission, I am really scared, I won't even drive it now, I have had it 6 days, and i can't return it, is there any information like recalls, warranties that i can purchase, incase i have problems, I am so scared, I got it for a fair price, but i didn't find all this negative information out until after i bought it, my truck seems to do good, but i am terrified to drive it, in case it just blows up, please help me, this is the first ford i have ever owned, and 6 days later i won't drive it, it has been checked out and it is fine so far, please give me information if there is any, I would like to keep it, and i don't want to sell it to someone and something happen to it, i am so confused, PLEASE HELP ME.

PLEASE POST COMMENT TO ME

or
PLEASE REPLY to:
sts2002@peoplepc.com

and thanks

Is there anyway i can check my truck to see if it is one of the bad ones that has problems!!

P.S. What do i ask Ford when I call them!!!Please Help ME!!! :-(