Thread: DSE in action
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREAT! I started 1.5 years ago, running WVO and making Biodiesel as well. I have 2 Powerstroke Fords, 2 93 Model 5.9l Dodges, 1 84 and 1 88 Ford Diesel. The PowerStrokes have never seen anything other than good biodiesel, mainly because I haven't been brave enough to try anything else. The rest of my trucks run on anywhere from straight to half WVO, depending on temp. No conversions, except Heated Fuel Filters on the 84 and 88. No serious problems at all, replaced the Injection pump on 88 soon after starting running oil, man at pump shop said it looked well worn already, so I don't think that was oil related, have 15,000 miles since replacing pump and still runs great. Have done absolutely nothing to other trucks, the Dodges have only one tank and will even start on the mixture in the cold mornings, have started them on 50/50 in 35 degree weather. The Fords won't hardly start on diesel fuel when its 35 degrees, but they come with two tanks anyway so I just switch to diesel before shutdown. I just bought the second dodge, however the first one has 10,000 miles on it running oil, at average cost of diesel fuel 3.50 a gallon and 15 miles per gallon, thats 666 gallons or $2333 . I can buy a used engine for it for $1000 or get a rebuild kit for not much more than that. At that much money I've saved, and they're all still running strong, I would not have a problem with having to have the Injector Pump and Injectors replaced, but I probably won't have to for a while. So you can say what you want about snake oil or say"NOT IN MY DIESELS", but whatever, I'm laughing my head off driving by the gas stations all day long!