View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been doing my fair share of electric work on my 86. Rewired everything from the cab back, rewired all the front lights. I made a new harness from the Alt to the battery and to the cab.

I put a cd player in it, I used the old door speakers from my 96 in the doors, and i wire tied a set of 6X9s behind the seat. A buddy offered me the cd deck and I already had the speakers on hand, nothing beats a free stereo.

I added a set of Sunpro gauges to the 86 and 96. Got a oil pressure, volt meter, and water temp gauges. In the 86 I mounted them using a chrome bezel mount above the radio, in the 96 I yanked the ash tray out and fitted them in the hole with a black bezel mount.

I've got my 460 block at the machine shop for some work. Once my tax return gets here I'll be rebuilding it along with a C6. They're both going to find their way into my 82, hopefully this summer.

Not exactly truck related, but I did just finish putting a tranny in my buick. It took 3 jacks, along with 4 jackstands each ontop of a pile of bricks. Had to get the car about 5 feet in the air so the whole mess could come out from underneith, I should of took pictures. It was a mess but shes running fine now.