View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Done anything on your truck lately?

In the last couple months, when it hasn't been too D**N cold, I've been putting new floorboards and cab mounts in my 63. A learning experience. I learned I can weld, MIG is easier than Flux-core, I can weld badly, I can fix my mistakes (over and over ), and I can fix the PO's half-axx work (with my own crap work ). I learned that my front cab corners were WAY more gone than I thought. I got the worst of it fixed, but the rest is going to wait until I go at the fenders and body.

Put new rear brake cylinders on both my 63 and 87.

Pulled my 63 tranny to get the dimensions and spent 3 %$&*%@^&% hrs fighting it back on!!!! Never had that much trouble before! Ever!

I also trashed my '87 alignment hitting pot holes so that's got to be worked on. The last one I chucked got rid of my high speed shimmy and replaced it with a low speed wobble!

Next week I'm on vacation so I plan on pulling my '63s 292 heads to fix a oil seep, and put a different intake and carb set-up on. Still haven't got my carb kit though - better get here soon. Clean up my headers and maybe if I get the courage I may port the heads a bit.

How about you guys? What ya been doin?