Thread: 5.4 rough idle
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2000, 08:10 PM
rjj
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 rough idle

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 20-Nov-00 AT 09:15 PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 20-Nov-00 AT 09:12 PM (EST)[/font]

Update on what has been happening w/ my 5.4 A Ford rep called me and told me that the 5.4 always had a rough idle and there is no fix. They do know they have a problem they even changed the steering wheel and leather wrapped it to help hide the rough vibration. The oldest trick in the book. They also changed the heads,pistons and changed the wiring harness not to mention various fuel injectors. Still they cannot tame this poorly designed motor. My story started the day my truck was delivered I questioned the rough idle before I signed the papers and the service manager told me it would disapear after break-in. It never disapeared and only got worse. The dealer is denying this and the Ford rep believes this.I know what was said and have no reason to lie. All I wanted was the quality truck I paid for.The dealership that betrayed and misled me is Romeo Ford in Michigan. I strongly recommend that before you sign your final papers make sure your vehicle is 100% accept no verbal promises.
My experance with Ford has been the worst relationship a person could have.I explained to the rep that I set up a stationary dial indicator to mearure the cab movement and he told me this was a primitive test and non conclusive. Sorry I don't have a million dollars to measure interior vibration. But the test I set up proves that my truck does not have similar charictoristics of other trucks on Ford lots.
I know this is a Ford web page and hate to dis Ford but please take all this into concideration before spending your hard earned money on a Ford product. Thank you for your time. Replies are welcome