View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I want to say Im 27 and Ive worked for everything Ive ever had and nothing has come easy just because my dad has money. It hasnt been a bad life by any means but I dont ask for handouts. Im not some highschool kid who's expecting everything they want on a silver platter. I dont know why but sometimes I feel a statement like that is necessary when talking with people through text. You are all my friends but at the end of the day we dont know each other: what kind of person we are or what we stand for. When I show people my car and trucks I feel like I am being silently judged and thats not what I want.

All that being said.

My dad cares nothing about doing the work himself. I hate it with a passion but hes just that type of guy. Nothing he owns is half way restored and was all done by a guy in Conway. Hes working on a Thunderbolt clone now.

He doesnt like the idea of changing something from stock form. He griped a little when he found out I was putting a 460 in a 79 F250 4wd and that wasnt a factory motor option (yeah hes that type of guy). Now the trouble is he doesnt want me to put aluminum heads on the truck because...you guessed it...not factory.

Ive pretty much nix-ed the whole idea of trade and just going straight for cash ($1500) Its fair for both of us.

All in all Id rather give it to him. Its not like he hasnt/wouldnt give(n) me anything I wanted that he had.

I guess the older I get the more wise I become. Peoples feelings and good business practices become much more important.

Sorry for the long drawn out post.