Thread: Best story?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeezerSi
I had decided to lay crushed stone along the bottom of several hundered feet of split rail. So I drove to my local quarry first thing, and waited in line with all of the big dump trucks to weigh in. The guy then told me to drive up to the top. When I get there, I see this huge front end loader filling up a dump truck with a bunch more waiting their turn. I pulled out of the way from them, and figured I'd be waiting a while (no problem). After filling the dump truck, the guy in the loader drives over to me, and I figure "oh sh**, what'd I do wrong." He says, "How much you want?" I say, " I only need 2 tons." He then goes over to the pile, and dips just the corner in a little bit. He comes over and gently pours it into my bed as I watch the suspension lurch down an inch or so at a time as he slowly dribbles a little more, then a little more. My rear probably dipped down five or so inches when he was done, and he says, "OK." when I got back to the scale, my weight was 3950 pounds more. I was impressed!

I made several more trips, and had to hand shovel all of it. My aching back.
hence why fords are AWESOME!