View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macco if you are OK with the quality. You'll get a spec of dust here and there. If you really want that taken care of just take it back and have them repaint it for free. If it is something in your prep ... You might have to pay another $250 or so for the repainted section. But, that's still only $575. I can't see paying more for a paint job unless it's a show truck.

My paint job has lasted over 10 years now and was $500 presidental on sale for $275. If you want to pay more you can. But, my experience is unless your going into $4-5K range there isn't much difference. The biggest difference is in prep. If you do a good job there on your own you can get a paint job that will be awesome for street use and looks. If you are looking for a custom paint or perfect job..... You better save for that $5K paint job and do a lot of reasearch.....

Mom had a $1500 paint job done on LTD. It lasted 3 years and the paint started to peel off ... That was a Miracle job. Looked good for a year.

I'm ready to do my paint over again .... but, it not for the paint it's for the dents and dings I've gotten over the past 10 years. ;-)

I also had a convert Mustang, and a Cougar painted by Macco paint job Presidental on spring sale .... again $275. If I can find the mustang's pictures I'll post those up. I can't post up the Cougar's pictures because someone stole the pictures ... It was that good a job.