Thread: Used Motor Oil
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
HAB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of years ago I took possession of a fuel tank removed from a local sevice station. In it were a little over 5000gals of contaminated diesel fuel (flood damaged with some dirt and water.) After allowing the tank to sit for six weeks, I measured the water level and found it had about 100gals of water. So I inserted a suction pipe and pulled out as much water as possible then raised the pipe 6inches, attached the filter and transfered the fuel to another tank. Allowed it to set agan for six weeks, pressure cleaned the first tank, added a water/fuel seperator behind the water filters and pumped the fuel back into the first tank while adding fuel stabilizer. I clogged 7 of the water filters and three water/fuel seperator cartridges. The dino fuel did not seem to affect the Lowes water filters durring the time I was using them and they did a very good job of cleaning the fuel. Ran a JD 450C Crawler, a Ford 7740 tractor, a JD 3020, an Excavator and 92 E-350 all on the fuel that summer for less than $100 worth of filters.