Thread: Just Joined
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
O2bfishin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Joined

Just joined. I have a 79 F-250 SuperCab that is my weekly trash hauler, boat puller, and general all around workin, haulin friend. I admit it's a little overkill for what I use it for now, but I also have a truck camper I used to use more often, and that is why I have the F-250. It's in really decent shape. I just had it painted and some rust repaired in the bed. I am going to change the rear-end from a 4:10 to a 3:54 in the coming weeks and presently am going over the rear brakes and replacing a seeping master cylinder. It's a 460 so my mileage is pretty much as expected... about 9 mpg whether haulin, sittin still, movin, not movin, runnin, not runnin.. you get the picture. I would really like to see 10 or 11mpg if possible. I am hopin the r/e change will help that a little. It has a Holley carb so I will probably be researching the forums some to see if there is a slightly more efficient carb and/or intake setup. Not looking for miracles here just modest gains. Course you can buy a LOT of gas for what new trucks and payments cost you. I only put about 1 to 2k miles on the truck in a year. Enough for now.....