View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bill W
Craig, I bought my wife a 05 tacoma 4 door cab truck, and she loves it. Buy her what She wants. as for the 88 Dodge Sell it out right! you will do much better than a trade in Price, I have some experiance in this area, sad to say
Yea, your right on that point, I found a 97 4 door Blazer 4x4 with the Vortec 4.3 L V6, fully loaded everything including power seat, with 87,000 mile from Prescott Honda. It is a lot truck, not a back lot wholesale rig, but one that they decided was clean & sound mechanically to sell with their name on it. I will get the usual used car warranty etc. I'm willing to pay a little more to get a nice truck that I won't have to do major work out the gate. Being an old mechanic my experience is that new car dealers as a rule only keep cars that are sound. the rest go straight to the auction no matter what year they are. I also know most dealers do an inspection & service used cars they plan to put on their lots.
I don't have room to store another truck until it sells. So they made the offer of our 88 Dodge + $5100 out the door tax & lic. As I said that is a little high but if it is what they say then it will be worth it. I paid $1200 for the Dodge 20 months ago have put 30,000 miles on it. I have put money in it, but it has served its purpose now it needs a new home & we need to update our fleet of used trucks. With gas going up again the Blazer is a 14-18 MPG rig vs the Dodge that is a 8.5-12.5 MPG, maybe 13 on a good road trip. So not a big savings on gas but enough to made it worth it to us. Plus both of us like to spend our summers in the back country so a 4x4 is a better deal for us.