View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
spidertoy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well thank you all very much, he would be coming from a town that used to be 6 square blocks, but is now on its way to being a bedroom community for the cities of Marysville and Everett which are both well over a hundred thousand each in population, and they are both fifteen miles away, I grew up in a similar situation, but now there are proposed ladn use action signs for upwards of 400 homes within five miles of my house

we also have emissions inspections here, and they are talking about putting in a "displacement tax" on our vehicles, basically to price people out of owning tow rigs and larger vehicles and into MUCH smaller, or forec them to move into the city, which is NOT the environment that I want for my wife and kids, my wife and I both grew up in small towns, and watching the people and towns change for the worse is making the thought of staying here VERY scary.

one night last february, my wife and I were up watching the newest James Bond flick, and all of the sudden, we heard a helicopter flying VERY low over our house in a racetrack pattern, so I went out and looked, it happened to be one that m company painted...

for the county SHERIFF'S office, and it turns out that they were doing a manhunt in the area, and they turned on the spotlight in my back and front yards, scared the crap outta my wife, and she really started thinking about moving, and so we are thinking of going with my friend to become farmers as well.

and for weather extremes, it never stops raining here(at least thats how it feels in the winter) but saturday it was sunny, and almost 60, this morning it was snowing, and by the afternoon it was nearly 55, crazy, I think that the wind and thunderstorms would take the longest to get used to from what I have read online.

and as far as the landscape is concerned, he was originally thinking about moving to eastern washington, which has rolling hills, and NO trees unless you plant them, but the prices have been skyrocketing up here, and he wants to buy a place outright, and so far Oklahoma has the best bang for his buck, and he wants to fly me and him out there sometime this spring/summer to tour around with a real estate agent to ask questions, get a feel for the areas, and bring home some pictures and videos to show our respective wives/family's, so all the info that you guys are providing is a wonderful help, and I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart

P.S. do you guys say ya'll? or what???