View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mercman86
HI
ive got a '04 F-150 XL with the 4.6 in it. 50,000 miles with no probs. But one thing bothers me, has anyone noticed and problems with sluggish hi speed acceleration. It doesnt do it all the time and the dealer hasn't given me any answers besides "didn't do it for us." It almost seems like the electronic throttle is lagging when i really step on it. Anyone got any ideas???
Is it definitely the engine power and not the transmission choosing not to downshift? Do you drive in areas where there are "false flats"---like shallow hills that might appear flat when you drive on them? I remember one stretch of freeway like that where my old '78 Ford pickup with the 300 inch six would just seem completely out of breath, but then realized that other cars would struggle there too.

Are you talking about acceleration from say, 55 to 75 mph? Even a good headwind might make *some* difference if you're driving in a windy plain area. (A 30 mph headwind is pretty daunting in a truck, or an E150 like mine, which has a 4.6 that *does* work hard when I'm moving fast.)

George