View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 PM
NewEnglandHerdsman
Lead Driver
Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Go for it Jim! I've been growing my own oil seeds and making biodiesel for my 6,000 acre wheat ranch for almost 5 years, and I'll never go back to dinodiesel, EVER!! I use it in both my D-6D, and my AG-6. All the wheel tractors, my 2 irrigation pumps, my standby genset, and all my diesel pickups and semi's. I used to use it in my shop for heat, but now I burn the glycerol by-product for shop heat! I also use it in my home for heat. If you are interested in home heating, check out this Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altfuelfurnace/I'm a member there also, and there is a wealth of knowledge there on using alt fuels for home heating.

Welcome to the "Wonderfull World of Biodiesel" Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!
Thanks for the welcome and the info!

One thing I'm glad to hear you mention that I haven't seen addressed in the reading I've done so far is what to do with the byproducts - good to hear that has uses as well!

Got a lot of work to do to get going, but I'll around with more questions, I'm sure....