View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnordby
ChaseTruck - that IC will fit behind the ford grill insert. I shaved my just a bit, and only near the center. It sticks out about 1/2 inch from the shell, vs stock it is more flush. No-one notices (except some folks here aI bet!). One trick I heard of was to flip the I/C upside down, especially the Dodge - not sure about the Ford. Get the inlet and outlet up high, else you have to trim your inner fender liners to plumb the turbo and intake to that area way down low. If up high and above the fender liners you can fab less.

jon
Good to know. I have seen pics (www.8lug.com comes to mind) of the 7.3L ICs installed upside down, but never knew why - now I know.
I don't reallu care about trimming the inner fenders as I am not sure I'm running them. I might go with a radius arm and coilover setup like the F-150 4wds in which case I'd do an engine cage and loose the inner fenders anyways.

Are you running A/C on your truck Jon? If so did the condensor and the IC fit up front?
long bed & 1974 Ford F100 Supercab - 2wds
1974 Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab
thread in "motor swap" forum
1989 Ford Ranger= Never gonna be done...
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV & 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4wd = DD