View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
danocross
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary, I can give a few responses but I am not a mechanic. I have had the rear main seal replaced 3 times...9000 miles, 11,000 miles (poor technician work prior) and 32,000 miles. And I still have a shadow of oil over the bell housing out of the "viewing" grommet (it is not from the oil pan) at 69,000 miles (75K warranty). I have taken the position that it is a waste of time, up to this point, to redo the rear main (if that is what is leaking now), it wasn't going to eat me up unless it dripped worse on the driveway or in the garage. As I near the end of the extended warranty, it takes on a different approach. I also have had a leak at the ICP sensor that was fixed. I hope they chase your problem down, hang in there and work with them. I also have had repeated fuel gauge problems, and I got frustrated and got into it with the service people, which did no good. Force their hand and keep pressuring them to fix it correctly, but be polite. I toughed it out over 20,000 miles on the fuel gauge issue and they finally got it fixed. I have wasted a lot of time at the dealership, that is time and money I will never recoup.

Dammit, now I am pissed again!!!!!!!!!!!