View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Posting Guru

whd507 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I streteched mine in the middle, had a fabrication shop in Orangevale CA do it, they used 3/8 plate, and made an additional crossmember for the carrier bearing. if done correctly splicing in the middle is no big deal. all soda/beer trucks are made this way, many class 8 semis are shortened this way as well. there is no magic to a one piece frame, new trucks are made from modular frame sections as well. I added 33.5 to make a CC LB. and I have driven crewcab long beds all over the bay area for over a decade, I used to commute from Lincoln to Soquel. yes you have to plan your turns sometimes, but for me it was more ignorant civic drivers more than the streets. the plus of having a dually down there, is I can get back on the Bay Bridge on my own on ramp having 6 wheels, I cant remember the street, buts its down near pac bell park. usually saved me a few minutes each day.