View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
kevin22602
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior lights do not turn off

Hi, recently purchased another ton truck and have been going through the bugs. Got all the power locks working, painted it, replaced one of the back glass windows. Now I'm getting down to the fines.....This is an 01 crewcab F350. Interior lights stay on at all times when bulbs are installed. Even when running. Is this a problem from one of the doors, or from the dimmer switch in the dash? No door ajar lights stay on while running with door shut.What I'm really looking for is, which wire should I be probing? Or is it just the switch? The dimmer works as it should on illumination of gauges. Any color codes of wires here could really help me get this thing back to normal without spending hours on it just for a convienence light. All the map lights work fine on the toggles. I'm sure I can figure out whats wrong if I spend enough time, I'm just not interested in spending that much time! Hoping someone else has already went through the motions and did the work for me! Also, if I leave a door open and turn key to accesory, the truck chimes. I have already pulled the wire off the ignition that reminds you to remove key. So what's the deal with that? I'm fairly familiar with these trucks, have an 00 just like it with no problems whatsoever. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks guys!