View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Tedybear
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Deal in the works?

Time to drag out the old thread.

Ok...almost tire time. I found a decent deal on the C-List and talked with the seller. American racing 8 lug wheels that he used to use on a 1 ton chevy truck. He stated he is aware of the floating jumbo axle..and these wheels should fit on our truck without any issues at all. They are made to fit before the metric wheels hosed up things.

According to the reply:

They are off of a 1986 Chevy one ton. They will fit ford trucks with 8-lug up to 1999. They do not fit the super duty. As for chevy and dodge, I don't know what year they switched over to metric patterns. Old 8 lug truck rims are all the same wether they are chevy, ford or dodge. They will fit four wheel drive or two wheel drive. If you tell me what year and make the truck is, I could help you more. I only know they don't fit the super duty ford because that is what I have.
At this time I told him it was for a 1975 F250 with the Jumbo-Tron rear axle with the huge hub sticking out.

The Chevy truck that I had them on actually had the full floater rearend in it so I know they will fit on it.
The wheels are as mentioned "American Racing" brand. And he's going to include the lug nuts and center rings for the rear wheels. He's also asking a pretty decent price, considering how much the salvage yard is asking for wheels and hub caps in order to do the same thing.

Any feedback I should be aware of? He seems pretty dead certian they will fit on the 1975 F250 without any problems.

Best Regards

S-