Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
jpatt87
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reed, I have a 1991 F150 302 2wd. Thanks for posting, mine is doing the same thing. Except it will usually start fine, but the frequency of it running smoothly opposed to not, is puzzling.

I am leaning more towards how warm the engine is/outside temp. If I have to run it cold, it will go for about a mile or two, then it will start to sputter and like you said when you push on the accelerator it will "bog down and then surge"(Well put). Then again, this will not aways happen when I have to run it cold, sometimes it will run fine.

I replaced my fuel pump, two temp sensors which I think were on the manifold, and my plugs and wires.

This has been extremely irritating becuase it will mess with me on the backroads (which I know to take now) and after about a 1/2 hour of hoping the engine running will smooth out, it will work and give me the confidence to drive it again.

It sometimes stalls when I am backing into parking spots, or taking off on a hill.

Reed, I would love to hear what you tried, or what worked. If anyone else has any more suggestions, I would appreciate your input.

Jeffrey Patterson