View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
1991F150lvr
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sure that the 5.4L works great for all of you. I have heard of 97-03 ford trucks running as many as 150000 miles on them with no major problems, but to me older V8s will last longer, because they are simpler and low tech. the more simpler the engine design, the less things that can go wrong. For example we have a '98 dodge caravan with a 3.3L V6 that has 189,000 miles on it and still runs fine. the dodge 3.3L is a simple low tech pushrod engine. I see many caravans still on the road today that seem to run forever. I dont know everything about cars, i am just thinking logically. the more simple a desigh is, the more efficient it is. new trucks are computer controlled with all kinds of sensors, and computers and crap. where as my old 79 ford 5.0 had none of that hi tech crap and took more abuse than any new 5.4L could stand. The guy who owned it before me drove it hard, i drove it hard upon occasion, and the guy i sold it to still drives it today, and that 79 probably had more than 200k when i got it. is your 5.4L still gonna be on the road when its 30 years old? I doubt it, a slim chance. i dont mean to be cold and i dont have any beef with anyone on here, im just expressing my opinion. I am a very analytical person, i just believe logic makes the most sense in some cases. New trucks arent for everyone, and im one of those people. im just not sold on these new trucks. You have to understand where i come from, i thought my current '91 f150 was a big step up from my previous '79 F150. anyways sorry if i offended anyone, and thanks for reading. hope to hear from ya.