Thread: Bronco Tank Mod
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks towmanjbo and 86 capris.

I read that thread again and it answers some of my qs! So, I take it I can reuse the top tank straps unless they are rusted beyond repair. Awesome!

The only other thing I am concerned about is the thing this the sending unit and fuel pump attach to. "** You will still need the part that attaches to the tank. It is metal with metal piping and the connector and wires for pump & sending unit are attached. The sending unit doesn't come with it, the pump and sender attaches to it. This I had to get at a bone-yard when you get it have them get you the pigtail for it with 6-8" of leads."
I have not heard of this before (in other threads) and haven't seen it in the parts stores listing for bronco fuel tanks. I will check more into it. I am going to be buying all new, (no broncos in local junkyards) so will need that part. If anyone has a name that would be great. I assume the pigtail is a new electrical connector to work with the f150 stuff, correct.

P.S. I am going to buy the 33gal bottom straps (not skid plate) and let you all know how they will work once I am done, even broncograveyard has them so they have to be legit. However if anyone strongly feels for safety that the skid plate works better, ie the tank comes down far, let me know

Thanks!
Later,
Paul

Last edited by 92mnfordtrk; 02-14-2008 at 09:47 PM.