View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 AM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See Below for my thoughts on the new expedition.

Originally Posted by nebmike
Now that I've had my EL for a few weeks, I know I've come across some things I would probably change if I were redesigning the truck. Just curious what you guys might change if you could?

Here's my list:

1. I would redesign the hood so the downward slope along the rear edge didnt reflect sunlight directly into the drivers eyes.
Never Noticed this but my truck is white.
2. I would add a tranny temp gauge.
I agree, however, I don't see it happening, a digital readout would be nice near where the odo and door ajar display is.
3. I would redesign the cargo area so you had a solid flat surface with both the second and third row seats folded (as it is, there is quite a gap between the two).
I have 2 row buckets, it would be nice to have inserts so that it was smooth all the way down, it's a pain sliding then moving then sliding.
4. I would allow the driver to have complete control over where the rear air comes from (roof or floor).
Never noticed this.
5. I would have a shut-off switch for the auto darkening rear view mirror.
I have 5% window tint all the way around (aversion to sunlight)
6. I would redesign the ignition area to make it easier to find with your key.
Personal Preference.
7. I would have a switch that would allow you to select where you wanted activate your heated or cooled seats (just the seat bottom, just the seat back or both). Having the lumbar area only be heated would be nice on really long drives.
No heated and cooled seats so who knows.
8. I would redesign the center section of the second seat so it would fold up like the two outside ones.
Center Row is buckets.
9. Not sure what I would do with the four rear head rests but dang, with 'em all up you cant see out the back! I like them when I'm sitting in the back, but as a driver they sure are in the way.
Don't use my rearview, only side mirrors.
10. I would put a lock on either the glove box, center console or both.
Doesn't matter to me, I lived in DC and Baltimore, locks only stop honist people.
11. I woulda left a solid axle under the rear end!!!!!!!!
Why? It rides much smoother then my Excusion did, I've got about 12K miles on it now and have no problems, I've towing 8 to 10K lbs with no problems, smooth and stable.
12. On the nav radio, I woulda flip-flopped the seek and tune buttons... I use the tune way more than the seek -- it'd be nice if it were the closer reach.
No nav radio. 1500 bucks buys a nice laptop and GPS.
13. I would put sturdy metal tie-downs in the rear cargo area.
I agree.
14. I would redesign the cargo divider so it would also work as a vertical divider that would separate the cargo area into forward and rear sections right where the back of the third seat is.
I agree.
15. I would offer a METAL skid plate for the gas tank. .
Never had a problem w/ a poly tank but I guess I see your point.

16. Add Trailer Towing Package. Mirrors, Extra duty rear diff cooler, Brake Controler, Trans Temp Guage.

17. Add a bit of weight so that it makes a more excusion like tow vehicle.

18. Turbo Diesel V-8 w/ some guts.

LOL I think thats about all I can think of right now.

Call me strange!