View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Postmaster

masterbeavis has a very good reputation on FTE.masterbeavis has a very good reputation on FTE.masterbeavis has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Hi,
This is my first post to this thread, and obviously the first to the board. I just picked up a 77 F250 Crewcab. I've spent alot of time (according to the wife) reading all the various posts. My first question is how do you seal the drip rail to prevent rust? The previous owner had the truck painted about 5 years ago, is that good enough or should I try to seal the drip rail.

1977 F250 4X4
That is an interesting question. I own two, both from out of state, (one from Utah) and both ran hard and put away wet. Neither truck shows any sign of rusting out at the drip rails after 29 years of abuse and salt roads(for the Utah truck.) The utah truck has a rusty frame, and a bad cab corner, but no rust in the drip rails. If you had access to a flexible shaft bore scope, and were willing to take out your headliner, you could take a peek on the inside to see whats going on. Welcome by the way.

If I
or anyone else posts something useful, click the heart at the top right corner in that post.