Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe I'm too naive....but it makes allot of sense to me to convert wvo into a fuel instead of feeding it to hogs and what ever rendering companies do to it. I realize there are some things that just aren't going to be that practical for fuel. But on the same token you'd think companies would realize that there is a point that cooperation looks allot better to the public and could fix some negative PR. The company I work for delivers corn and soybean meal (after the oil has been processed out of it) to a feedmill that makes to chicken feed. Summer of 2006 the feedmill took a test batch of DDG (dried distillers grain, by-product of ethanol & whiskey production) to see how it would work in their process system. The only complaint I heard was all the extra effort it took to unload the stuff. It was already cleaner than the corn they're getting now or before the test batch and it was ground/screened to the size they use to make feed. The corn is used a fill material in the feed, and serves no nutritional value to the chicken. But because there was extra effort needed to unload the DDG, the feed mill doesn't want it. Now the soy bean meal, that is another story...it still offers a high protein content (48%) and that is needed in the feed for the birds. I think it all boils down to the fact that since I don't have a MBA...or what ever some of these desk jockeys have...the thought process is above my level of thinking.