View Single Post
Old 05-01-2000, 10:16 PM
mocky
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flatbed conversion?

yea buddy, old fords rule!!!, if you have the time and the patience, you could build your own. i did that with my 77 F100,short. it wasnt hard to do, but then, i had access to all the materials needed for free. but still not hard to do. took a little over a week, working on it after work during the week and then a whole saturday and was finished sunday morning..(pulled an all-nighter) i didnt paint it, i stained it, then cleared it, i didnt make a "headache rack", i put 1 1/2" square stock down through the bed to the frame of the bed. (fastened under the bed) these are my uprights, they start behind the cab, are a foot and a half apart, there are three of them. each one is 1/3 shorter than the one at the cab. ie. 3ft., 2ft., 1ft., from floor to end of post. then ran chain through them for show... i dont haul anything, this was built for the fact that, at the time, it was what i wanted and now i like it too much to remove it. its the best looking part on the truck now,(lol) i'll have to work on that... since the truck is sitting now with no engine in it.. hope this gave you some ideas. later, mocky