View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
BigGrizz76
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away From Ford in Greeley

Good Day Folks.

I just want to warn you all to stay as far away as possible from {company name remove - FTE Fred} (they bought ...) and of course the mother store in Ft. Collins Colorado.

They lack any class or customer service. I have purchased the following vehicles from these two dealerships in the last 7 years.

1993 Ford Bronco XLT $10000
1995 Ford F-150 XLT $12000
1999 Ford Explorer Sport XLT $16500
2002 Ford Expedition XLT (which was returned through a BBB complaint because the safe vehicle they sold me had SEVERE frame damage) $19000
2003 Ford Explorer XLT $29,800
2006 Ford Fusion $25,000

Plus I also own a 1977 Ford F-150 Ranger Reg Cab Longbed 4x4 that has been 100% restored.

Well I was looking to buy a Ford F150 Lariat SCAB 4x4 to replace the Fusion. They were unable to work the numbers for me so I bought from this wonderful little dealership in Lewistown, MT (by the way the BEST BUYING EXPERIENCE I have EVER HAD!).

Anyway, in order to get new plates I needed a VIN verification so I took the new unit over to SB Ford in Greeley. There, the kid at the service counter advised that it was going to be $15 for the VIN Check. That is all right with me, what is $15 after all. I did however have to mention that the Honda Dealership next door did these same checks for FREE. At that point he told me that Ford did not have to do the VIN check and to TAKE MY BUSINESS TO HONDA!!!!!!!!

I asked if this was his typical practice to turn away Ford owners and send them to the competition. He said yes AND THEN TURNED AND WALKED AWAY FROM ME!!!!!

Well, I asked to speak to the manager and he echoed the same sentiments. At this time I took off my Ford Fitted Baseball Cap that I had worn for several years proud as my Garage is Full of Fords and deposited on his floor.

As you can see they have made a sizeable dent in my wallet but are willing to give up the potential of literally $100k in business from 1 customer because of some hot head punk and $15.00 because at this point there needed to be a business decision made that favored the customer..

Said to say, but I am replacing the 2003 Ford Explorer with a 2007 GMC Acadia. Ford has no class and no respect for thier loyal customers. By the way, had I not bought the Lariat already, I am sure that the GMC I was looking out would have been just fine.

By the way. Honda of Greeley did teh Vin Verification for FREE and gave me a coupon for a 1/2 off oil change. Apparently they WANT me as a customer.

Thanks for hearing my rant. I digress.

Last edited by BigF350; 02-10-2008 at 12:43 AM.