View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Sam how bout that blizzard warning the other day, I attend classes out at Scott in Bettendorf they let us go at 3pm. I sat in line for about 45 minutes trying to get out of the fricken parking lot before I jumped the curb and went accross the feild and through the ditch up to the street.

Driving home the 86 stalled when I restarted it my volt meter was only reading 11.5 volts. My 22 year old alternater finaly bit the dust. I spent the next day freezing my fingers off replacing the battery and alt.

Drove the truck to class the next day, when I got out all I could smell was gas. Popped the hood and my fuel pump was leaking like crazy out of the weep holes. Was out til 4am the next morning laying under the truck on a water bed liner, on top of the snow, freezing my fingers of again replacing the fuel pump.

Hopefully I've got the old girl patched up enough to make it through the winter. My 96 is parked in the garage with no insurance, the 82 is parked next to it with no engine, and my Buick is sitting in the back yard waiting for a tranny. I cant wait til it gets nice out again.