View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07EXPYEL
Nebmike, thanks for the advise. I've been wanting to pick up a Hi-lift for special occasions along with the winch adaper set. Have you seen or tried the hi-lift adapers that they have for lifting by the tires? Without sold metal bumpers with lifting points, a Hi-lift would be hard to use. I like the idea of the plastic base too.

On another note, how does your trailer tow with the expy? I have the TC 30QBSS which is about 2 feet shorter and 900# lighter then yours. Do you visit www.r-visioncamping.org? My ID their is 5kids.
I actually have the attachment for lifting at the wheel because I had a couple Grand Cherokee's that didnt have metal bumpers... it works well, provided you're wheels are of a design that allow the hooks to work. I actually prefer that method over a bumper lift. The only thing you cant do with a wheel lift is jack the truck up and move it sideways (like out of a mud rut) by simply tipping the jack over. The plastic base is a must unless you're always on rock.

As for towing... I dont know. My trailer has been at the shop for about a month, waiting for a new axle (lost a bearing). Just got the Expy about 3 weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see how it does compared to the V-10 Excursion I traded on it. I'm in Colorado and go up to the mountains a lot, so the trailering thing is a bit more challenging than what a lot of people probably see. If all else fails, I'll just use the Super Duty.