Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody Wanna Join Me for Transmission R&R Party? lol....

My worn c6 finally gave out on the way home last night. It's been giving a burning oil/rubbery smell the last few days and slipping real bad when it's below 30F outside. I got to my subidivision last night and it would not come out of 1st gear and was making some awful sounds. I knew it wasn't going to last long. I was just hoping it would have lasted a couple more months. But I guess 166K plus miles on the original old 30+ year old tranny is pretty good? I placed my order for a new TCI C6 and torque converter from Summitracing this morning. I hope to see it in 4-5 days. Anybody wanna join me for a transmission Remove & Replace "Party"? lol. Seriously, if anybody wants to come by and help I'd appreciate it and would provide food and drink. I've never done it before, but the Haynes manual makes it sound simple and straight forward. I think the hardest part would be moving the heavy C6 around. Anybody got a trans jack I can borrow? I'll have a more definite R&R date when I get the shipping info on my trans.