View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 08:15 AM
iamtherunt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Project Truck

Right now I have 1 project started, and 1 waiting to be started. I have a 77 F-150 I'm 80% finished with. I had it painted at the local vo-tech. It took 6 months, but they did a good job and it only cost me materials (app. $600). I put a chrome 79 grill and head light assembly on it because it looks much better than the 77. I had a custom seat cover made with a matching padded and diamond tufted vinel dash cover. I still need to have my head liner padded to match the dash and put new carpets in it. I am going to pull the 351m out and replace it with the 460 from my 79 F-150. I have a 429 in storage, and am planning on useing the heads on the 460 (for the bigger valves and ports). This truck is my everyday driver so I'm not going to make it too radical.

When I'm finished with my 77, I'm going to build my 79 for strictly strip. I'm going to paint it to match my 77. I'm planning on useing the 429 block with aluminum heads. It will probally take me a few years to have the money though.

I'm going to put the 351m in the 79 to drive while I'm building the 460. But then it will be for sale if anyone is interested.