View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 03:27 AM
Scotty1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Project Truck

First Off Mike you have a great site and a couple of really nice trucks.

My project can't seem to get going. Every time I get headed in that direction something comes up. Like now I may be buying a house so waiting to find out about that before I start.

When the truck is finished, if that is possible, it will be a full on chevy killing drag truck (I hope). The plan is to put a Mustang II front end under it. A 4-link rear end out back. Tub it to the max. Narrow the rear. Run a one piece Fiberglass front end to help save weight. It won't be a full time racer but it will be pretty hoped up. I do plan to make the interior fairly nice with some nice newer upgrades. The powertrain is a 390 now. It will be hopped up with a Hydro roller cam, new valvetrain, light wieght forged piston, new intake(ebock PerfomerRPM), Not sure on the carb as of yet. The list goes on and on.

the engine will be backed by a C-6 trany. Thinking a TCI street fighter. with about a 3000 stall converter. ford 9" rear end with either 3.89 gears or 4.11 gearing. I know the pros and cons of both just trying to decide which way to go. Most likely going to run a spool. Because it won't be driven on the road much just a cruise night here and there. But, I might change my mind and run a locker of somekind.

Well anyway sorry to take up so much room and time but htat is my plan for now. By the way If anyone wants to help I am in Miami OK.

Scotty