Old 03-27-2002, 10:33 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Project Truck

RogerF100
'55 F100
Okie Chap Moderator

How about everyone give a short desription of their project truck or planned project truck so we all know a little more about each other.

I am working on a 1955 F100 that is mostly stock but eventually will be hot rodded with a 50s style warmed up 292. After 5 years, still just getting started.

Modifications - My first mod was to install front disc brakes. The next was to add power to those brakes. Really stops good now.

Future upgrades - Rebuilding a 292 Y block V8 to replace the 239 Y block. When the 292 is built it will have a Weiand 3x2 intake with 3 Ford 2100 carbs on top and progressive linkage. Reground cam by Schnieder from Red's Headers waiting to be installed. I have a picture of the engine mocked up in my gallery. Install headers and dual exhaust. Adding power steering by using a Toyota power steering box and kit from Mid Fifties. Waiting for the kit to arrive. New springs front and rear to lower the truck. New wheels and tires. Rebuild the bed. Get the body work done to repair rust and large dent in the cab and repaint. Redo the interior.

That's my plan, now I just need the money to make it happen.