View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck
Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Autos aren't "hard" to clean, just about 30 more parts to clean. I clean my S&W with a wire brush and a half dozen patches without removing a single part. And yes, a .22 will kill you, especially if it gets into the chest cavity and doesn't have to energy to escape but bounces off a bone or muscle boundry. Wing someone in the arm, and no dice. Wing an arm with a .45, and there's gonna be a lot more muscle that just got tore up. And if you need an auto to have an extra 7 rounds to pop off at someone, you're shooting WAY to many rounds and are apparently hitting everything EXCEPT what you're trying to hit, raising the risk of hurting uninvolved people. If your inexperianced and shooting 15 rounds in the dark.... well that's just a stupid situation where the blame is gonna rest on the shooter.

Yes a 9mm/ .40 will kill you, I just don't like them. Plain and simple, that's why I vote no on them. Kinda like how I feel about keeping an auto under the drivers seat, I prefer a revolver. I'm not a huge .22 fan because it's a small cartridge to play with and I have stubby/ wide fingers and I hate messing with them. They're about the worst thing to finagle into a single shot rifle cause a Short is a bit shorter than my thumbnail.

Personally, I have multiple autos and revolvers. I'm looking at a new auto right now..... probably going to be a .40 (sadly) because it's all about frame size, and the .40 is the right size. Maybe I'll get that .45 Colt Government one day, I know a Texas Ranger who has a nickel plated one that has the badge engraved into both ivory handles. Bada$$ doesn't do that gun justice.

Just for this one situation he put out there, a revolver seems to me to fit what he needs better.

And please practice shooting it.... don't be "that guy" who shoots 15 rounds, kills three stray cats, terrifies an old widow, and doesn't hit the mugger once.

Last edited by texastech_diesel; 01-27-2008 at 02:53 PM.