View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Old Orange
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for advice in Edmonton

I posted this on the more general board for the sixties Fords, but thought I would say hello here as well, and ask for your advice (if I go ahead with this restoration I will be back with more questions - I am vehicularly challenged!):

"Twenty years ago, my dad and I bought a 1963 F100 off of a farm for use as a utility vehicle - it was a Saskatchewan highways vehicle originally (therefore the Orange although it looks like it may have started two-tone with a white top), and then carried cattle so the truck bed is a bit banged up. Since buying it, I have done nothing to restore it, and for the most part it has been unbelievably reliable and, like the Everready Bunny, it just keeps on going. I did redo the entire brake system and had some electrical work and other minor stuff done. Rust wise, it is great except for the driver's side floor boards and a bit on the lower sides and where the tailgate is hinged. I have looked after that aspect pretty well.

My 16 year old now wants me to fix up the old beast, and the starting point is new tires as I have no idea how old the rubber is - it was old when I bought the truck in '81. This is my question - the sidewalls indicate a size of 6.50-16LT and I can't find anything that size in the catalogues. The shop I have dealt with were going to substitute the wheels last year for newer ones that take the modern sizing, but I didn't want to change the wheels since the truck is now absolutely unchanged from when it was built and I would like to keep it that way.

Any advice on where I could find tires? I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada."

I also need new/used side mirrors as the passenger side was ripped off and the driver's side one is pretty wrecked. Any place in Edmonton to look for these?

"Old Orange"