View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 01:06 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hydrosmith
hey guys just a some advice about switching over to bio, have a couple or three fuel filters handy. Once the bio has fed through the system it will start to clean out the microbes that have built up in the lines and were caught in the filter. This happens due to bio having a solvent in it to make it volitile. And it depends on the blending also, say, b99 would make it happen quickly and b5 would be much slower.
Yes ive heard that before. But..... if your truck is low milage ( mine is under 18k) then it wont really make all that much of a difference... The trucks that have say 100k plus miles will have to worry about changing the fuel filters.

That is great advise and thank you for posting. I'm sure there are alot of people that are really thinking about doing this due to the rising cost of dino.

I have a co-worker that has purchased a bio making unit and will be producing by the first of second week of feb. were guessing that it will cost about 75 cents per gallon when we are fully up and running.... I cant wait to be paying less then $40 dollars to fill up the truck vise $120 +......... and it will get better gas milage as the engine finishes breaking in.

The reason im checking out who esle is making biodiesel in this area, is becuase my co-worker will be moving out of the area around fall of 2009. Since I dont own my own house and cant set up my own unit at this time. when he leaves ill be looking for a new fuel source.

Anyway... thanks again for the heads up.

JoryLee