View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
The_SnowMan710
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A loss in the family...

Ok boys, i've got some bad news...my '99 150 is no more...

so i was drivin along highway 14 just south of central city comin up on the highway 66 junction, there was a semi in front of a 98 GMC Yukon in front of me by about a quarter mile i'd say and i saw brake lights so i figured they were slowing down for a turning vehicle so i slowed to about 45, anticipating they would speed back up...problem was, they didn't. when it became apparent to me that they weren't moving, i went for the brakes and sure as ****, they locked up on the black ice, like they've done a hundred times before. usually i can just drop a gear, **** the wheel a little and goose the throttle and she'll come right out of it, but for some reason, that wouldn't work today. i tried to get her to drift off right for the ditch but she wouldn't have any of it, and in fact was tryin to go left. there was on coming traffic in the lane and the driver of the little neon comin for me probably messed his drawers...somehow i missed him as my truck crossed the center line and i hit the rear drivers side of the yukon w/ the passenger side of my truck at about 45 mph. i deployed both airbags and scrambled everything layin around in my cab...somehow i made it out fine and the yukon? all i did to it was dent the bumper, tailgate, and rear quarter panel. didn't even knock out a tail light... soooo there's the story of the snowman's last stand w/ the 99, as i'm probably going to sell her off to the highest bidding bodyshop for something else...