Thread: Skiing Etc.....
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Secret Agent 069
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
66GT, I weigh 255 now, back then I was skinny as a rail, maybe 130lbs covered in Snow... I liked Rossis only cause I was given my first pair from Rossignal for a promo deal. I dont own anything right now, I think for now I'll stick with rentals. I aint gonna bother with the Snow Blades, I've head too many bad things about them.

I grew up skiing Mt. Washington, I didn't really train with anyone, I mostly solo'd til I moved to Vancouver in 1985.

But I spent a few years hanging out with Ben Griffin, Karl Johnson, Marty Harris, Kelsey Serwa, Sandy MacDonald, and most of the Vancouver Ski Team from the 80's & 90's.

Mike and I were scared sh**less when we found out that we had placed in the top 5 for the run. When we finished our run, We at the time were first, when Adams & McDonaldson did their run, at the first half we were still first, they gained on us on the bottom end, and crossed the finish line, it wasn't for about 5 mins while the judges were doing what ever to find out who actually won. They were "glaring at us" we were drinking "Canadian" and smiling at them. Mike & I really didnt care too much, it wasn't that big of a deal. we were the outsiders, and everyone for the week prior made sure we knew it. When they found out that they had beat us, their mood changed, Mike and I just did the typical Canuck thing, and tossed them a couple beer ... Stuff happens, we didn't win, but we proved that We weren't just your typical Skiers. We shrugged it all off, and just told people, we do 2 things in Canada, we ski & we play hockey.

Today, I got to "ski" down the free style venue at Cypress on my ***. we had to shovel it out (again), looking for the electrical wires the "sparkies" lost under 300 million pounds of snow. Anyways, getting down was either fall, or slide. I like sliding I hope I get to go back up there tomorrow