View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 08:23 PM
hitecdan
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercab vs Crewcab

I have a Supercab right now, but my next truck will be a Crew cab. My truck does not have the third door to access the rear of the cab, so having two extra doors will be nice. I've been very happy with the Supercab. But now that I have a two+ year old son, I'm getting tired of having the back of my seat kicked all the time. With the baby seat in place the lad does now have enough leg room (and now California law requires a child seat until age 6 or 60lbs). I've also sat in the back seat on a few trips and it's not comfortable at all (I'm 5' 11"). Sitting in the back is OK for very short trips, but long distances in the back of the Supercab, no way. I guess it comes down to your needs. Do you have kids that will be riding in the back? Do you still want them to love you? Get a Crew cab. Will the longer wheel base be an issue? A longer wheel base is great if your towing (in the foward direction anyway), but a pain in a crowed parking lots. Of course the Supercab can be a pain in the butt to park too. Have you decided on which bed your going to get? Supercab with long bed is about the same size in wheel base as a Crew cab with the short bed.